I’m a psychotherapist; my Ph.D. degree is in counseling psychology. For more than 35 years I had a psychotherapy practice in New York City. I’m a faculty member at Downstate Medical School in Brooklyn.
Recently I moved my office to New Jersey where I now see clients for:
- brief counseling
- clinical hypnosis
- the tapping cure
I’m also an author. Amongst the books I’ve written are:
- The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Hypnosis
- The Tapping Cure: A Revolutionary System for Rapid Relief from Phobias, Anxiety, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, and more
- The Empty Place: A Child’s Guide Through Grief
- Getting Your Life Back Together When You Have Schizophrenia
- Living with an Empty Chair: A Guide Through Grief
- Medical Hypnosis: An Introduction and Clinical Guide
You might remember me from Ask Dr. Roberta, my advice column at True Story magazine. Or perhaps you’ve heard me lecture at Rancho la Puerta Health Spa, in Mexico, or at The Learning Annex. Maybe you bought my tapes at The Sharper Image. Now my weight loss CDs are available at www.hypnosisnetwork.com.
I’m a wife, a mother, and a grandmother, too. I live with my husband in the Westfield/Scotch Plains area of New Jersey.